company-history

This is how it started more than half a century ago. The Carinthian family-run company VELOX was founded in 1956 by the brothers Franz and Peter Steiner. The starting point of the company foundation was deliberations as to how wood-chips from the sawmill that existed at that time could be processed economically. Hence, building and insulation boards made of cement bonded wood-chip have been manufactured since then in a compression moulding process that they developed.

The company's name derives from the Latin word "velox" which means "fast". Thus, a significant advantage of VELOX way of construction - the rapid and automatic processing – is entered in the company’s name.

2013: 
- The final phase of the investment was managed successfully. The transition to full operation takes place in time before the kick off into construction season. 
- VELOX is awarded with the Carinthian blazon.

2012:
In September the biggest investment in the VELOX company history has begun. The company's expansion includes the implementation of a modern wood-drying plant as well as the construction of a production hall, which replaces an old one.

2010: 
- CEO Dfkm. Krampl retires
- Günther Leopold additionally takes on the responsibility of the subsidiary in Hranice / Czech Republic.

2008:
Engagement of another CEO:
Günther Leopold assumes responsibility over the Maria Rojach site.

2007: 
- Conclusion of the contract for a third and a fourth licence plant in St. Petersburg, Russia and Belgorod
- Grand anniversary celebration: 50 years of VELOX
- Completion of noise protection walls – lage projects in Böheimkirchen, Lower Austria and Gmünd, Carinthia

2006:
Supply of the second licence plant in St. Petersburg, Russia

2003:
Supply of the first licence plant in St. Petersburg, Russia

2001:
VELOX is awarded with the Austrian Solar Prize.

1997:
Takeover of another plant in the Czech Republic (Oslavany).

1995:
Takeover of a board plant in the Czech Republic (Hranice).

1984: 
Establishment of the first VELOX noise protection wall on the motorway exit Graz-East, Styria

1983: 
- The nephew of the Steiner brothers, Dkfm. Reinhold Krampl, takes over the management.
- Acquisition of shares in the company by Otwin and Reinhold Krampl.

1967:
Development of VELOX facility for automatic production of VELOX boards.

1960:
Invention and patenting of VELOX face concrete system.

1956:
Franz Steiner, CEO, and Peter Steiner, operating manager and developer of VELOX facility, founded the business.